Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Uncomfortably Numb

I'm easing back into running.   Uncomfortably so.  I've got some discomfort in my inner calves/shins.  Medial shin splits, I'm guessing.   Overuse/Undertrained foray into marathons.   Mentally, I'm having a hard time telling myself it's okay not to run - to crosstrain with something less impact to let the legs rest/recover.  I want to stay to the schedule because I feel like if I fall off now, I'm in big trouble for the long haul.

I am going over to BPRC tonight (if I get out of work at a decent hour) to discuss with them.  I read earlier today that the problem may be I'm overpronating in the shoes.  Maybe some inserts would help stabilize a little more.  Maybe compression sleeves might help.  I just don't know.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no - so sorry to hear you're having so much pain! I hope you find something that works for you - like the sleeves. :(

    ReplyDelete