Saturday, January 2, 2010

Epic Fail

Looking back on accomplishments of 2009, I am left with the feeling that only two words can describe the year as a whole.  "Epic Fail."  I didn't accomplish the things I wanted to accomplish.  I got sidetracked on my long term goals.  I took some step backwards in several areas.  I remained stagnant in others.  I spread myself too thin in some areas. I deleted abandoned my blog - with the hair-brained idea to start not one new blog but two new blogs talking about basically the same thing.

I had the thought that maybe I should just look at 2009 as a 'break even' year, but I don't even feel like that's a fair assessment.

As far as running, I'm slightly better than the end of 2008.  I'm running at least.  75 days from my first marathon.  I'm training with a group, which is so much better than all by myself.   I did zero triathlons last year.  Looking back, I can't really put my finger on why.  I didn't race very much in 2009 overall.

The New Year brings to life the promise a fresh start - the opportunity to reevaluate goals and make new ones - a clarity of mind and the feeling of invincibility.

I have a list of goals for 2010.  They're written in my journal.  I'm going to share some here - others are simply for my eyes only.  I want to use this blog to talk about my training, my fund-raising experience with DetermiNation, my marathon, life in general.

Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment