Sunday, January 3, 2010

End Of Vacation

Somehow, I convinced work to let me take vacation between Christmas and New Year.  We used the time to visit James's grandmother in Baton Rouge.  Quick trip down, Quick visit, Quick trip back (sort-of).   Due to incredibly slow fast-food and a wreck that shut down the interstate for over thirty minutes, we got back a lot later than anticipated.  As in, 11:15 on New Year's Eve.  We stayed up watching the ball drop. 

Friday, I ran my race and then proceeded to cough up both lungs for the rest of the day.

Saturday, we bought not one, not two, but three new televisions; took the boys shopping to spend gift cards; set up new televisions; cleaned up; and yeah, I bailed on that 12 mile run.  It was really cold and I was still coughing.  This was all before 2:00.   After 2:00, I became a vegetable and didn't move off the sofa for the rest of the day.  I needed to unwind from all the 'going' of the vacation.

Today was supposed to be quiet.  But, there were groceries to be bought, trips to PetSmart, GNC, and Home Depot, and about 8 other errands.  Plus the Falcons were playing.  I'm tired.  I have to go back to work tomorrow and no one has bothered to do laundry in quite a few days.

Is it wrong that I'm ready to go back to work - so I can get back to my routine?

No comments:

Post a Comment