Friday, August 20, 2010

T-Minus 37 Days & Counting

Where did the time go?  

It seems like just yesterday I set my desktop counter down and there were three digits worth of days left to my first Half Ironman.  I cringed when it dropped to double digits.  Now, I watch the days dwindle.  Sure, there's over a month left, but it feels like it's right on top of me.

And that scares the hell out of me.

I've been pretty silent around here.  I think I hit the point all bloggers go through - where I think everyone is just tired of hearing about how many miles I've swam/biked/ran.  How my body's not changing like I 'hoped' it would.  General frustrations.

This weekend we're doing the "Augusta Preview" group ride.  I keep thinking I'll feel better about Augusta after I've seen the ride.  I've got to do some nutritional planning before I head out - can't bonk like I did last weekend.

Oh! I did manage to snag a blog-give away from Wes.  I won some Lady Anti-Monkey Butt!   I'm going to try it out this weekend and will give a full review early next week!

1 comment:

  1. totally get what you mean... can't write when things just don't feel right... i just went through that last month, and i can't really describe that moment well myself, but i know what you mean! haha!

    ReplyDelete