Monday, November 8, 2010

Back To Our Regularly Scheduled Programming

*Thump*Thump*

Hello?   Is this thing on?

*Thump*Thump*

I keep getting side tracked.   With a lot of different aspects of my life.  My diet.  My running.  My workouts.  My job.  My friends.  My family.  My blog.  There's always "something," you know?'

I could give you promises that I'll be better this time, but I think Mary Poppins called those "Pie Crust Promises...Easily Made, Easily Broken."   I need to hold myself accountable to a lot of different things, but really, my head is all over the place.  

The last week was a rough week overall.  Saturday (10/30) was the trip to say goodbye.  Sunday (10/31) was Halloween and news of my cousin's passing.  Monday was prepping for being out of work for two days.  Tuesday and Wednesday were travel, funerals, visiting, and more travel.  Thursday was a bust - because frankly I was tired from Tuesday and Wednesday.  Friday was another bust - because I felt tired again.  Saturday, Sunday, more of the same.

Sometime late Friday, I began to realize tiredness was probably sadness.  I was sad most of last week.  I was quieter than usual.  I didn't feel like socializing.  I just wanted to be around family.  I didn't want to deal with the gym.  I didn't want to go to the group run.  I wanted to stay in my pajamas all weekend.   So, I did (for the most part, at least.)

But, today's a new day.  Today's a new week.  Time to get back on the horse, recover from my setback, and get on to getting on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment