Friday, January 21, 2011

Today, I Lifted 3 Tons Over My Head. What Did You Do?

I'll admit that when I checked the CrossFit Pulse website last night for today's workout, I threw up in my mouth a little bit.   

The workout was called 10,000lbs.  If you read through the workout, and can do basic math, you realized the girls' workout was actually only 6,300lbs.   100 Reps From Ground to Over Head.   It didn't matter if you did a Clean & Press, a Split Press, a Clean & Jerk, Snatches.  Just had to get that barbell from the ground to fully extended arms 100 times.  FML.

But, a blog post I read yesterday talked about having goals for every WOD.  My goal last night was to RX this workout.  Whatever It Takes. 
By the time we arrived at the gym this morning, the gym had posted "Option 2" for those that didn't want/couldn't do the workout.  It was "Suck In Wind."  (5 Rounds for Time:  Run 400m or Row 500m - 20 Box jumps RX= Jump no stepping, 25 double unders/100 singles, 10 KB swings 53/35lb, 10 GH situps)   Tempting.   But, not what I mentally set myself up for.  Plus, there was a good bit of running in last night's workout.   Plus, I really really just wanted to do this!

I set my bar up.  I noticed no other girl (out 10 girls) set up a bar.  I started the hard sell on doing "Option 1" and got one other girl to do 6,300lbs instead of Suck In Wind. 

For 23 minutes and 40 seconds, I pushed myself really hard.  I thought about dropping the weight.  I thought about quitting.  I toed the vomit line for most of 24 minutes. 

But guess what.   I did it.  I finished without dropping the weight.  I feel proud of what I did this morning.  I feel strong.  I feel accomplished.  Oh, and the girl I talked into it - she rocked out her 6300 pounds too, finishing before most of the Suck In Wind girls. 

I lifted 3 Tons over my head.  What did you do?

5 comments:

  1. Way to rock it, Lauren and bring a peep along with you! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU ROCK! I am SO INSPIRED!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Lauren! I definitely did not lift a ton over my head yesterday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a fun WOD! Split jerks are my favorite Ground To Overhead move. I always feel like a cheerleader. :)

    I think snatches are technically more efficient though but I don't do them often enough so I kind of suck at them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is awesome! :) I love hearing about your workouts!

    ReplyDelete