Friday, January 14, 2011

What The Hell Just Happened?

The cosmos conspired against me.  I PR'd the 5K.  I took my normal Sunday off.  I went to CrossFit on Monday.  Tuesday, I skipped my run - because I was just feeling a little run down.  I tried to shrug it off.
By Tuesday night, I was feeling like crap.

Wednesday (5th) I blew off CrossFit.  I hurt SO bad.  I thought I was sore from Monday's arse kicking.  I thought it was DOMS.  I finally dragged myself out of bed to shower and go to work.

An hour into work, I was shaking so bad and was suffering through waves of nausea.  I went home.  By the time I got home, my fever was at 101.5.  Probably shouldn't have gone to work.  I slept most of Wednesday, most of Thursday.   Thursday afternoon, I was not improving.  I'd eaten all of one banana in the last 48 hours.  I went to the doctor.

At the doctor, the fever was over 102.  I'd been rotating ibuprofen and Tylenol for 24 hours straight trying to get the fever down.  My stomach was sore to the touch.  Not painful, just sore and swollen.  I got a prescription.  They checked me for dehydration.  Luckily, I'd been really good about drinking.  Just warned me to skip the Gatorade/Powerade and get some fluids with something besides trace amounts of magnesium.  Eat another banana.

By Friday, I was feeling a little better.  But, then, DH had all four infected & impacted wisdom teeth extracted.  His mom helped out with getting him to his appointment and all stuff related.  By Friday afternoon, we were a quite the pair.

Saturday was better.  Sunday was better.  By Monday the Snowpocalypse was here.  We were "iced/snowed" whatever in.   CrossFit was closed, which was kinda fine since i still wasn't 100%.   Tuesday - still snowed/iced in.   Wednesday, I was determined to get to CrossFit and to work.  There's only so much cooped-up in the house with four kids you can take.

So, I'm back at it.  Our gym's "I Am CrossFit 2" Challenge was supposed to start Monday (10th), but has been pushed to 17th because of all the ice and snow.

I've made it to CrossFit twice this week.  RX'd both workouts, which is phenomenal (and also means there probably wasn't any pull-ups or wall balls in the workout.)   I got my 1rep Max on Bench and Power Cleans. 

It's good to get back to it - after the cosmos throws you a curve ball.  

Happy Friday! 

1 comment:

  1. Girl you are amazing! You get knocked down and get back up! You will make all of your goals because you have will power. I love how honest you are in your writing. It is refreshing to see other people struggling the same way I do! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete