Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Hugs from My Running Shoes

My running shoes hugged my feet last night.

Not because my feet were swollen or anything like that.  I think they were just happy to see me.  It'd been a while since we'd hung out.  I was worried they'd be mad at me.  They weren't.  They're pretty forgiving like that. 

I opted to run some intervals on the treadmill.  I pulled the SI workout from CrossFit Endurance for this week.  It was 3-7 x 400 w/ 1:00 rest between sets.  Keep intervals within 2-3 seconds of each other.  On the treadmill, that's easy.  Just go the same speed.  With CFE, you pick the # of intervals based on the distance you're currently training for.  I wanted to get between 5-7.  I opted to run a 10:00/mile

1 was good.
2 was great
3 was great
4 was good
5 was eh
6 was OMG I'm going to die.
7 was, well, I stopped at 6.

I was insanely hot - and short of breath - and decided cooling off in the pool sounded much more fun than another 2:30 on the treadmill.  Looking back, I should have pushed the SI speed.  I knew this by Interval 2, but that whole "keep the intervals within 2-3 seconds" was jumping out at me.  Next time, for sure. 

I was amazed at how good my legs felt.  Those felt like I could have kept going for a while, which is good I guess.  The cardio was a bit off, but I'm guessing that will return pretty quickly. 

This morning was lifting (Squat - Press - Deadlift.)   I'm struggling with the Press.  I'm going to hit deload/reload soon.  I'm okay with that.  I make no qualms that my shoulders are my weakest major muscle group. 

Bench % - 46.4%
Weight Loss: -2.4 pounds  (This has been up and down all week.)

No comments:

Post a Comment