Saturday, September 18, 2010

Taper Thoughts: Eight Days Out

Today is my last long run before Augusta.  Eight miles with the Amber group.  We're not doing the easy route, so it should be challenging.  I'll be updating my daily mile log after the run, so if you're looking for a recap to the run, check there later.

Today's going to be about taking care of a few of the errands I need to get done before leaving for Augusta.  I hope to get my bike to the LBS today for a check-up/tune-up.  That will mean no ride tomorrow, but I may go take an easy spin class tomorrow morning.  I thought about breaking out the mountain bike for the ride, but that seems...obsessive?

I've started checking the extended forecast for September 26 for Augusta.  Currently, it's going to be close to 90 in the heat of the day, mostly sunny, 10% chance of rain.  The humidity should burn down to about 67% with the heat, but early in the morning it'll be around 80%.  I think I'm okay with that.  I'd rather have more humidity on the bike than the run.  The wind is forecast to be at about 5mph. 

The surface temp of the water in the Savannah River is still hanging out at about 24C, closer to 24.5C yesterday, but still chilly.  Much better than the 22.4C it dropped down to on September 13.  Either way, more likely wet suit legal than not.

A week and a day.   Oh boy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment