Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Hurts So Good

Hurt so good
Come on baby, make it hurt so good
Sometimes love don't feel like it should
You make it a-hurt so good
 
 I hurt.  In a good way.  In a 'I Kicked My On Arse' way

Sometimes, you get to CrossFit and you think "I really could use an easy day."  But we have a motto with CrossFit -

The only easy day was yesterday.

So, you go in and you look at the posted workout.  You're not surprised, because you probably already looked at that workout online before you even went to CrossFit.  A small part of you hopes that it has changed since you looked at it.  

You sigh. 

You see the prescribed weights.  You may think, 'I can't do that...'  But, you rack it up anyway - determined to at least try to get through the workout and see two magic letters appear after your name & time or rounds.  "RX." 

There's something about those two letters that give you a swell to your chest - a swagger to your step - a "Hell Yeah!" as you collapse into a heap on the floor.  

Honestly, I don't get that from running.  I didn't have that feeling after a marathon.  I didn't have that feeling after a 70.3.  I've only felt it three times now - the three workouts I've managed to RX.

No comments:

Post a Comment